NIP News‎ > ‎

NIP Out Cancer tournament results

posted Sep 17, 2012, 6:42 PM by Northern Illinois Pickleball   [ updated Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM ]
Hello.

Thank you for participating in our first NIP Out Cancer tournament. We will donate 75% of the tournament profits to the Swedish American Foundation. The collective contribution is about $1500.00. The contribution will be earmarked for uninsured women to assist them in receiving annual mammograms. The remaining 25% of the profit will stay within Northern Illinois PIckleball so we may purchase replacement nets for future indoor tournaments.

I would like to thank our main sponsor, Swedish American Health SystemsHope and Anchor Pub gave a base monetary donation, plus 10% of our sales from Friday night, September 14, 2012. Kraft Foods donated the mounds of free gum and  Woot! Cupcake donated sweet treats. And finally, Ingersoll Cutting Tools gave us a generous gift.

A thank you to our partner, the Rockford Park District, for providing equipment such as the court dividers and support. Our partnership with the park district extends our benefits  to the Rockford Public School system. Mat Parker, Director of Athletic Activities and Program Development of the Rockford Public Schools was forward-minded in his thinking when renovating the gymnasium and initiated the pickleball court lines. Thank you to Matt Smith, the Athletic Director of Marshall Middle School who aided in the building rental and supplying set-up equipment and times.   

Thank you to Kirshna Selchow who manned the score table and kept me sane - you were amazing. Thank you to the volunteers who taped court lines, refereed games, and assisted in set-up and tear down. These tournaments cannot be done without your help. And finally, thank you to all the participants - it warms my heart when I think about what we can accomplish when we come together.


Please see the attached PDFS for the point results of all brackets.

Respectfully,
Jennifer Selchow
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM
Ċ
Northern Illinois Pickleball,
Apr 8, 2013, 2:39 PM